1. In publishing this catalog, Bertoia Auctions has endeavored to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property herein offered for sale is strictly "as is" and it is the bidder's responsibility whether bidding in person, by mail, by telephone or by internet to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere by any representative of or person in the employ of Bertoia Auctions shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Any such statements are strictly matters of opinion. Questions pertaining to the sale must be addressed the Wednesday before the actual sale; emails or fax inquiries received after this date may not be answered.
2. The Auctioneer will be the final judge as to which bidder is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute in this matter, the auctioneer shall at their discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
3. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the Auctioneer's "hammer." The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility of the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. The buyer shall be required to pay New Jersey Sales Tax (3.5%) in-house and (7%) shipped to NJ residents unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax.
Internet Bidding: Bidders may preview, register, and place bids on-line through www.LiveAuctioneers.com.
To register for on-line bidding go to www.LiveAuctioneers.com and create an account. Then locate our sale through the "Browse" tab at the top of the page and sign up for approval to bid. Approvals are made by Bertoia Auctions and new bidders will be subject to credit approval.
Bertoia Auctions reserves the right to close Internet bidding on any item if a catalog error is discovered prior to the sale and is not held
responsible for any missed calls due to human or technical error.
6. Shipping: We ship in the order paid, first in - first out. Bertoia Auctions will professionally pack, ship, and insure any items purchased. There is minimum $15.00 shipping and handling charge, however most shipments will exceed this charge based on time, package size and weight; all special requests for "Rush Delivery" will incur an additional fee associated with the expedited shipment. Insurance charge is .80 per $100.00 and signature confirmation is $3.50 per box. UPS is the standard mode of shipping, for larger items, we can refer you to a delivery service. All International shipping will be shipped via U.S. Postal Service, UPS International or Federal Express. Our policy is to provide accurate information on all customs documentation and all purchases will be noted as merchandise. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for shipping from receipt of payment.
7. All Sales Are Final.
8. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale unless other arrangements have been made beforehand.
9. Payment may be made in American dollars by cash, personal check or money order if credit has been established with Bertoia Auctions, or a letter of bank guarantee from your local bank. We reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared the bank. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and PayPal. (Overseas accounts will incur foreign transaction fees.) If you wish to do a wire transfer, please contact the office to obtain a wire transfer form.
10. Bertoia Auctions is not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or in the subsequent price key. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual objects being sold but exact condition of the objects offered takes precedence on the day of sale.
11. In bidding on any lot here offered the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
12. Payment must be made within thirty days of auction date. Payments exceeding the thirty day period will be subject to an additional $25.00 fee and recurring interest charge of 1.5%.
13. Bertoia Auctions and their representatives reserve the right to refuse admission or to request the departure of any person/persons that are acting in a manner unbecoming to the success of the auction preview or auction.
14. A 20.5% buyer's premium will be added to all successful bids and payable as part of the total purchase price, or if paid by American dollar cash, check or money order, a discounted 18% buyer's premium will apply. All Internet bidding is subject to 23.5% buyer's premium, a discounted 21% if paid with American dollar cash, check or money order.
For additional information regarding the Terms of Sale or any other matter relevant to this auction contact:
2141 DeMarco Drive
Vineland, NJ 08360
Definition of Gradings:
Mint Out of Box Condition
Near Mint 98% Plus
Pristine 93% - 98%
Excellent 90% - 93%
Very Good 80% - 89%
Good 70% - 79%
Fair 69% or Under
Bid Increments (Any off increments will be rounded up to the next bid increment):
$0-$499 = $25
$500-$999 = $50
$1000-$1999 = $100
$2000-$4999 = $250
$5000-$10,000 = $500
$10,000+ Auctioneer's Discretion